Sunday, April 15, 2012

Self Destruction: The beast inside

When does a man self destruct.

There was a mad man who used to pile stones all day long, After the stones formed a neat pile he would pull out the base and watch the stones fall away. Every day he did this for many years. One day a traveler asked him why he did this. He simply replied that in our entire life we simply create what would be destroyed some day later. Everything and Everyone would one day be destroyed and men simply run behind that all their life. My actions reflect my thought.

I could never fathom the reason behind his actions. I appreciate the thought, but I failed to realize the gravity of it. My recent tryst with self destruction has thrown light to a very different side of my persona. My life also mirrored his actions, in essence exactly like a mad man. This is probably when a good man does throw everything away. It showed me a very lackadaisical and irresponsible side. There will always be moments to make life tough. We have to match up to this toughness. May be I am one of those people who simply does not want to be responsible for his actions or thoughts. Life will always knock you down. We choose to get back up or lie in the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment